Monday, December 5, 2011

Bring ON the Food

I love my annual Supper Club Christmas Party.  I have a fun crazy group of friends.  There are always gag gifts somewhere in the mix:  Mystique, the blown glass statue, and the farting Santa are some that have made their way into the mix over the past few years.  Stories from years past and the funny memories that go with them...AU/Georgia Tech game to you Ashley M.! 

The past few years my friend Lisa G. (who is a phenom in the kitchen!) and I have catered our CP.  It's cheaper and it's a chance to bring out our creative side and see if we can make a gourmet meal as inexpensive as possible.  I have to say that we aren't too shabby.  I like it too because we can eat off of fine china.  We only use it a few times every year anyway, so it's a chance to use it again!  Yea!

You know my obsession with Paul Prudhomme's different Magic products.  This summer we used them A LOT.  They are just so yummy, and well, I decided I wanted to break it out for one of the dishes I made for the dinner.

I did the sides this year.  We had:  Beef Tenderloin, Fresh Green Beans with Vinaigrette Dressing, Feta Mashed Potatoes, Baked Apricots, rolls, Red Velvet Cake, and Chocolate Cake.  Below is the finished plate.  Lisa made beef tenderloin, and it was divine!  You almost didn't need a knife to cut it.  It was beautiful.  I was tempted to pick-up my plate and lick it once all the food was gone.  (you'll be glad to know I didn't, it was just a fleeting thought...)




This is the centerpiece on the table.



 I hope the above recipes give you another idea of dishes you can make this Christmas season.  Bring on the food!!!

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com