Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days and Counting

Well, in 12 days it will happen...I will turn 40.  I don't feel like I'm getting old, I just feel like my numberical age fits my psychological age.  I've been the matriarch of my family since I was 25, and at 25 you're still a little stupid.  Not quite as much as when you're a teenager, but pretty close.

I have one trepidation about this birthday.  It's the beginning of the decade that both my parents died.  I told someone my goal is to make it to 50, and that's not a lie.  I do hope to make it to be an old albiet very active grandmother.  Hopson's parents are in their 70's and their social schedule rivals that of any teenager's.  They are active and fun, and I have decided that I'm going to be the same way. 

In honor of my 40th year, starting on my birthday, I'm going to take 365 days of pictures.  A year in the life....  It's for postarity's sake for me.  I want to make the most of everyday, and hopefully by taking pictures that will help.  I hope you will join me on my crazy year of pictures!  Right now though, the laundry is calling my name, and one of the dogs threw-up in Elizabeth's room, so I better get busy doing what I do best.  :)

If you want to see the pictures you can click on the tab, starting December 26th, that will take you to my year in pictures.

Y'all be blessed beyond measure!
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com