Monday, November 21, 2011

Romance Killers

I have decided that children are romance killers.  Hopson and I are so busy taking care of them we forget that before they were, it was just us.  Now, he was working a ton & I was in grad school, but it was still just us.  Our lives were boring, now that I think about it, but it was easier for us to be romantic.  Dancing in the kitchen to James Taylor's Greatest Hits; sitting together and not feeling the need to talk, but just read or watch tv...among other things.  Now we have to make sure teenagers are not lurking around the corner just to kiss each other.  Heaven forbid they see us smooching...they might die from embarrassment. (how do they think they got here?)

He's a good lookin' cowboy
I remember when I met Hopson.  We were on a double date with different people.  I thought he was quick witted and had awesome pecs.  After just meeting me once, he remembered my name.  He says he asked me out in late May/early June, and I stood him up, but I don't remember that at all.  My dad had passed away a few weeks before and I was going through the motions of life.  He left to go work as an advance man for older President Bush's reelection campaign, so I didn't hear from him for 6 months.  He came to Auburn to hang out for a few weeks before finals, and it just so happened his fraternity was having their annual Christmas party.

Our first date
So, December 3rd we had our first date.  He bought me finger bubble blowers.  I think I liked him from that moment.  He was well spoken, cute, rugged, oozed confidence, was (and is) very smart, and did I mention he had (and still has) a great chest?  The more I got to know him, the more I liked being with him.  We would meet-up on the Concourse and talk before & after class, or he would invite me to eat lunch with him at the fraternity house.  We would go out for cheap Chinese food and share an order.  It was fun flirting with him.  I wondered if there was anything he couldn't do.  I loved watching him work on his fraternity's spring party build project...shirtless.  Oh my! 

See what I mean, he didn't have to do anything, just smile at me.  Why don't I see him like that everyday?  Adult life & kids...romance killers.  So, what am I going to do about it?  I think I'll put on a little music, make sure the kiddos are out of the room, and just dance for a little while...

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com