Saturday, March 5, 2011

Please spring hurry up...

Right now in our town, spring is trying to peek it's head out of the sleepy covers of winter.  The first trees to bloom are always the Japanese Magnolias.  The bright pink tender blossoms always bring me so much joy because it reminds me that the darkness of winter will not last forever.

The next trees to bloom are these pink dogwoods that are in front of a bank.  Last year I was so excited to see them I took a picture of them while sitting at a stop light.  I know I'm wierd, but don't they look beautiful?  I know it may seem silly, but when the trees are in bloom my heart feels lighter, and I just can't help but to smile.  It also means we're getting closer to Easter.  I love Easter.  I thought when I was younger I understood what Easter was about, but when The Passion of the Christ came out, my eyes were truly opened to the true beauty of Easter.  It is the violent beauty of the cross that breaks my heart and draws me closer to the One who was willing to give His all for me. 

Just as seeing the beauty of creation draws me closer to God, music has always moved my soul, and even when I was young I was effected by words.  When I can worship through music I feel closer to Christ.  It becomes my love song to Him.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait to get my perfected singing voice until I get to heaven, but that's ok because the bible says to make a joyful noise, so that's what I'll continue to do.  I have two songs that have came to mind as I thought about the coming spring:  All of Creation  &  In Christ Alone.  Worshiping the Lord is an honor, and I think He gives us the beauty of creation to help point to Him.

March 9th is the beginning of the Lenten Season, and spring will soon be here in full force.  As I enjoy the beauty of creation that God has placed in front of me, I will remember what He chose to go through so I would not be separated from God.  Thank you Jesus for all you have done!

If you've never made Resurrection cookies with your children, please do it this year.  You make them the Saturday night before Easter.  It's a little bit of work, but so worth it when they eat the cookie the next day & realized that the tomb is empty and that Christ is risen.

I hope you all are able to enjoy the coming spring and remember the One who gave it so generously.

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com