Monday, March 7, 2011

...Hey, gimmie that back

I have enjoyed my children during all stages of their lives, but lately, the older they have gotten, the more I enjoy them.  I can sit and watch a movie & have an intelligent conversation about it; talk to them about a book; watch them grow in their relationships with friends; and watch their interests develop.

One minor side note to this posting is that I enjoy reading.  It relaxes me before I go to sleep, keeps me occupied while I am exercising, and if the book is even only semi-decent, is better than watching tv. 
Hoppy has a bad habit of taking my books that I am reading to read for himself.  I doesn't matter what genre it is, if it has print on a page, he'll read it.  He is a speed reader, and I am not.  His first sentence was 'read more mommy'.  We would literally read for hours.  After a few hours I would have to tell him to go play, because my eyes needed to uncross.

There are days that I will walk around my house thinking I've lost my mind (this is happening more each year as my children become older, do you think there's a correlation?)  because I've misplaced my book.  What I now know is that the first place I need to look is with Hop.  Over half the time that big rug rat takes my book I'm reading to read it himself.  He never denies taking it, and he usually finishes it in twenty-four to forty-eight hours.  One day as I was about to do some cardio, and was searching for my book, which of course I couldn't find, when I spot him on the couch reading it.  I told him that I would love to have my book back so I would have something to do while exercising.  He had the truthful audacity to tell me that I just needed to let him finish because he was going to be done with it in a few hours.  He gets a big, Hey Thanks, for making your mom feel like a complete dummy.  He reads in a few hours what takes me days.  :P  (that's me being juvenile & sticking out my cybertongue at him) 

Harry, my picky one, does not care to read, shocker there, not.  He is getting better & at least doesn't complain when he has to read books for school now.  Elizabeth's goal is to be like Hop.  Henry is showing great potential to love reading as well, as long as he can pick-out what he reads.  Henry reads poetry every Monday for school homework, and he knows exactly which one is my favorite.  He's read it so much he has it memorized.  I have motions that go with it.  We make a great team. 

A few days ago I pulled a Hop & stole Elizabeth's book to read while I was exercising.  It's called The Wide Awake Princess.  As you might guess, it is a very easy read for an adult, but it is a very cute story.  I finished it in 2 days which wowed E.  My confidence level went up a few notches.  :)   Ha, my crazy kids, they do keep me on my toes, even if every once in a while I have to chase them down saying, gimmie that back.

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

Tonight we're having Crockpot Turkey breast.  So easy, and yummy.  It's not even a recipe so I'll just list it all here.  I hope you enjoy it!

1 turkey breast that will fit in a crockpot
kosher salt
lemon pepper
olive oil
aluminum foil

Cut 2 sheets of aluminum foil. 
Wash & pat dry turkey breast & place on foil.
Sprinkle with salt & lemon  pepper.
Drizzle with a little olive oil
Wrap-up in foil.
Place in crockpot & cook on low for 4-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com