Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Hoarder

I have noticed some very scary trends about my family.

First of all, which I already knew this, I am the neat freak of the fam.
Second, Hopson is the complete opposite.
Third, my children are taking after him.
And fourth, I think if I were to die tomorrow Hopson would become a hoarder.

When I came home from church today I knew there was a mountain of laundry to fold, among other things.  When I say mountain, I mean mountain.  (around 10-12 loads worth)  We've been living out of the clean clothes baskets because I couldn't get motivated to fold clothes.  I was very blessed by the 4/5 of the fam.  They folded about half of the clothes, so when I came home I only had the other half to fold. 

While I was folding I watched the show:  Hoarders:  Buried Alive. During this time,  Hopson was wandering around the house looking for all our paperwork he had started for our taxes.  (I thought this was what his office was for?)  I like to organize the clothes as I fold them.  Regular clothes that get folded are on my side of our bed, hang-up cloths at the foot, with sheets and towels on Hopson's side, and I work my way around.  I look over & notice a HUGE mess on his side of the room.  Clothes, ski gear, tax stuff, a brief case, a box full of who knows what all scattered around his side.  This is nothing new.  He does not place a priority on a super clean house.  Outside, yes.  Inside, no.  That's when I had the epiphany...my husband is a hoarder!

He won't throw away anything!  Can I just tell you it drives me nuts?  I hate clutter.  It makes me feel claustrophobic.  You know how much I hate a mess.  Well, I may have to have an intervention before it gets to situation critical.  Have you ever watched Hoarders: Buried Alive?  It is crazy.  (and sad) The people who are hoarding have so much stuff in their homes they can't do anything because there is stuff piled up everywhere.  Some of it reaches to the ceiling.

The kids are just messy.  I'm trying to figure out a way to get them to clean up without me haranguing them about cleaning up.  I've thought about giving all their stuff away to charity.  I've heard of moms doing that, but I don't think it's me.  Maybe I could become a hermit.  Live a life of solitude surrounded with cleanliness.  That's not practical.  Wishful, but not practical.

I guess I'll have to settle being a responsible mommy & patiently teaching some young dogs & one old dog some not so new tricks. 

You know they say married men live longer than bachelors;  single women live longer than married women & married women live longer than married women with children.  Hopson always jokes that I'm going to kick it before he does.  According to research, he may be right....  If that's the case, y'all please check up on him, because he may become the next candidate for the Hoarders tv show.

Hopefully tomorrow things will look a little cleaner, a little clearer & a little less cluttered!

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com