Saturday, October 23, 2010

Joy Bubbles Up Part 1

First of all, let me preface this by saying I only had 4 hours of sleep last night.  Woke up at 4:45 am Friday morning; went to bed at 4 am Saturday & woke up at 8am Saturday.  Wow, sleep deprivation is a killer.  With that said, if I ramble, just laugh at me & know that when I reread this I'm going to be wondering what I was thinking.

Have you ever had an emotion have a taste?  Bitter sadness, maybe...I like delicious laughter better.  I had a huge helping of delicious laughter last night.  It was Vestavia's homecoming & after the dance we hosted about 36 teenagers for breakfast & games.  I have been posting pictures for the kids to see & they are hilarious.  I love it when you have a picture and you can feel the happiness in it.  It reaches out and grabs you & makes you smile too.  Joy bubbles up.  The next thing you know you're laughing because of their happiness.  You laugh because of your memory of what you saw and experienced.  I Love It!  It's no wonder they say laughter is the best medicine, have you ever noticed how you feel after you laugh?  I was able stand back and see memories being formed and relationships strengthened.  What a blessing for me!  It was a great night with some great kids! 

My brother, Cotton, had the idea of game playing after breakfast.  I give him all the credit, because oh my goodness...it was hilarious!!!  I am going to post a few pictures so you can share in the laugh.

There's no recipe in part 1, but I will post a wonderful breakfast casserole that my friend, Traci Parker gave me and the variation that she approved of. 

I'm going to drink something with caffeine. 

Y'all be blessed beyond measure!
~ashley
Abby & Hopson

Hop after the games
Part of the group after the games
Abby & Hopson after the games
Harry had to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com