Saturday, October 2, 2010

Heaven, I'm in Heaven

What do you say to your 8 year old, who still has a high voice, comes and asks you to make pancakes for breakfast on a football Saturday.  Well, you say:  "Yes, of course I would love to make you some pancakes for breakfast."  Then when same 8 year old says:  "make them the way you know, the big guy, Kalvin said to"; you say, "Well, Henry, I think that's a great idea"; and you do.  Kalvin is one of Hoppy's friends, who is ginormous.  (Or at least to our family he is.  He's a 6'4 sophomore, I think he's taller, and my kids love it when he comes over because he's a skyscraper to all of us.)  Kalvin has a warm smile and an easy laugh.  He's a pretty cool kid.

Kal gets a HUGE gold star for this little pancake secret.  I'm not going to say what it is, I want you to look at the recipe.  I am weird and like to taste batters, and this one was delish. I added bananas to the batter & they went very well with all the other flavors.  The pancakes tasted like banana nut muffins.  Well, breakfast is done, and it's 30 minutes to game time, so I have to go get my game face on.  War Eagle y'all!  Thanks Kalvin for sharing the secret.  :)

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley
 
ps~for my non-tech friends, click on the word recipe to be directed to the we gotta eat website where I put all my recipe.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com