Tuesday, January 17, 2012

An Oldie but a Goodie

My first cook book that I ever owned is Magic by the Junior League of Birmingham.  My mom gave it to me my sophomore year in college for Christmas when I had an apartment with three of my good friends.  (so you don't have to do the math, I turned 40 this past Dec. 26th)  It's precious to me because it was a gift from her.  It is a classic cook book and has some wonderful recipes. 

I've tweaked one of the recipes (I know you're shocked) and we're going to be having it for dinner tonight.  It is called Ham Delights.  I'm going to use different kinds of meat and cheese on the rolls and serve them open-faced.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.  I might make some soup as well, I'm not sure yet.

These sandwiches are great because they are easy and freeze well.  (two of my favorite words to use about cooking!)  They are great at Christmas time as well as if you are having a shower or any kind of party.  I used to make them all the time & I'm glad I remembered them.  It's going to be a super yummy dinner tonight as it might be rainy and yucky outside.  We may build a fire & play a game or just hang out.

Y'all be blessed beyond measure!
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com