Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Merry Christmas

It's another Christmas wonderfully celebrated with family, food, and SNOW!!!  If you say snow in the state of Alabama everyone goes nuts.  In a good way of course.  (well minus the run on bread and milk.)  I am weird, something which the fam reminds me of often.  I am cold natured, and really dislike being cold, but I love snow.  What can I say, I'm a walking paradox.

I have always dreamed of snow on Christmas.  The tree twinkling, a fire going, my family spending time together smiling & laughing, and then I look out and see the white stuff silently coating everything.  I have never had a white Christmas.  I have to say this one did not disappoint.  The last time it came close to being a WC was 13 years ago.  We had huge dollops of snow coming down in December.  The only reason I remember it is because my mother passed away two weeks later.  I was happy she was able to see the snow one last time. 

As I sit and ponder Christmas' past I can't help but to smile.  Times when the children were very little.  Times when I was little.  How some things have changed and some stayed the same.  Having a white Christmas makes me nostalgic.  My heart goes out to those of you who have lost loved ones this year.  It makes for a bittersweet day.  Those of you who have lost someone special know what I'm talking about.  On Christmas Eve, I truly missed our pastor's father coming out and  playing the piano for us.  He was so gifted.  I know his presence was missed this Christmas. 

So, today as I celebrate The Word becoming flesh, I am reminded of the promise that came to us.  Hope.  Hope for today, and the promise that I would not be forsaken.  Hope that this is not all there is.  Love.  Jesus modeled love for us, and offers His so freely.  As I was singing Christmas carols last night at church, I really thought about what I was singing.  My heart was so moved and humbled.  Go back at listen to them.  O Holy Night is amazing.  Get your bible out (or go to www.biblegateway.com)  and see the scripture that backs up the words of the beautiful hymn. How blessed I was and am.

If you don't know Jesus, know He loves you.  His mercy knows no end, and it's his greatest desire to be with you.  It's as easy as ABC.  I would love to give you a prayer to ask Jesus into heart and life...
...Jesus, I admit I am sinner.  I admit that I have done things my own way.  I believe you came to earth.  I believe that you love me and are the perfect Son of God.  I believe you died on the cross to save me.  Jesus, I commit myself to you as my Lord and savior.  Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice on the cross, and for loving me when I didn't love you.  Come and live inside me, and help me to draw closer to you.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Welcome to the fam!  God's family.  We are like most families; we have many different personalities, but love each other very much.  (even the weird ones like me.)  :)  If you accepted Christ, you have given him a wonderful gift.  All he wants for Christmas is you.  I hope you and your families have had a wonderful Christmas season.     

Merry Christmas and be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com