Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hello again my friend...

Well hello blogspot, my name is Ashley.  I know it's been a few weeks since we've talked, but I just wanted to check in & say hey, and let you know that I'm doing fine. 

HaHa!  Just kidding y'all.  It has been a few weeks.  Sorry about that.  I've started working again & have been trying to break myself back into the working habit.  It's harder for me this time because I'm working from home.  There are things that call to me...laundry, cleaning, facebook, finding out that Cam Newton has stolen my day and deposited it into his growing bank account.  Just kidding about the last one.  I am part of the AU Family & stand behind Cam.  Innocent until proven guilty right? 

Sorry, I digress.

Working from home for me is like the dog in the movie 'UP' who will be talking & then all of a sudden in the middle of his sentence says, "Squirrel!"  It is easy for me to get engrossed in whatever I am doing & before I know it, the day is gone & it's time for me to drive carpool.  I'm getting better, I guess there's a learning curve.

I have 2 new recipes for you.  One I will post here because it's so easy it's shameful, and the other I will post to my we gotta eat site & send you the link.  Both have received high marks from the fam. except the picky one.  I don't know how that child doesn't float away on a stiff breeze. 

Last night I was in a tight for dinner because the closer we get to Christmas, the busier my days & nights get.  I know that's true for everyone.  I think Christmas is busier than May!  But it is the most wonderful time of the year!  See, I told you, squirrel! 

I had some poached chicken & didn't want to fix poppy seed chicken, again.  (one of the go to dinners)  I found some Pillsbury biscuits in the freezer, ok that's good.  I was trying to figure what would taste good with both of those...

...Squirrel!  I get on food kicks.  I will crave foods and will want to eat nothing else.  I'm back on my taboule (tabbouleh)/hummus kick right now.  I could eat those two things for breakfast, lunch & dinner.  (and I do)  I guess this is better than being addicted to drugs & alcohol, but wow.  Another thing I've found myself craving lately is...

...Gravy!  Not the gravy you get out of a can, but homemade.  Ok, yum!  Chicken, biscuits & gravy.  You're going to hate me, I didn't measure anything, just  poured until I think I had it to the right consistency.  My mother-in-law loves it when I do that, not.  She will tell you she has to have a recipe to boil water.  (BTW, have a great new cookbook I'll tell you about later.)  Anyhoo, the gang loved it.  So, here's the recipe.

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ash 


Sop it up Gravy with Chicken & Biscuits
1-1 1/2 pounds of chicken poached; shredded or cut up
6 Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits cooked
2 cups Chicken Broth
1/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup flour
1 onion chopped or 1/2 bag frozen onions
salt
cracked pepper
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a skillet stir together oil & flour until mixed well.  Since I didn't measure it you may have to add more flour.  You will want it to be a little pasty.  Add onion, salt & pepper & cook on medium heat until flour mixture begins to turn light brown.  Add chicken broth & stir continuously until thickened & hot.  Taste to see if you need to add more salt & pepper.  I like mine to have a little pepper kick to it.

Spray baking dish with cooking spray.  In the dish, place biscuits either cut in half or cut into small pieces in the bottom.  Place chicken on top of biscuits & gravy on top of chicken.  Bake for 20 minutes & serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com