Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's Just Broken

Well, I've finally made it back to MOJ.  It's been a rough month.  You might remember when I mentioned my cooktop was broken.  We thought we had it fixed, but then it quit again...very bad.  We have since found out that we are lucky the cook top didn't burn our house down.  Like I said, very bad. 

Well it didn't & we are fine except that I can't cook a lot of stuff.  It's kind of a pain.  Everything has to be baked, grilled, or zapped in the microwave.  Or maybe we can just have peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, again.... 

I've been pricing cook tops, and WOW, the companies who make them really like their products, alot!  I'm not asking for a Viking or Thermador...this is just a plain jane cook top.  Now, I would really like a Viking or Thermador, preferably gas, but the accountant says it's a no go.  (Hopson is my accountant for those of you who don't know.) 

I get a huge laugh at some of my friends who don't cook, but have a mack daddy kitchen.  Then there's me, I cook, and have the smallest oven ever built & an electric cook top that potentially could have burnt my house down.  Oh well, if that's the worst thing I can complain about, I guess I'm not doing to badly.

Trying to figure out dinner has been interesting for the last 2 weeks.  Last week I decided to try to poach some chicken in the microwave.  It didn't turn out to badly.  You just have to make sure you don't cook it on high heat; you cook it on a power level of about 4 until it's cooked.  Anyway, I was craving a BLT.  I don't know why, I just was.  So I decided to make a Chicken BT casserole.  It was actually very yummy & even the picky one liked it.  I'm having trouble with my wegottaeat webpage, so I'll get it posted asap!

Y'all be blessed beyond measure!
~ashley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com