Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little ice & a lost tooth

WINTER STORM 2011  no Winter Weather Situation 
um... How about a little ice and maybe a lost tooth?

Well, at the bottom of the mountain we have been a little disappointed.  No snow, and not really any accumulation of ice.  It reminded me of Winter Storm 2010.  (You know when you say it you have to be dramatic.)  Last year when I was in the grocery store picking up food stuffs I was laughing about the "huge winter storm" coming while talking to Hopson on my cell & people were staring at me like I had lost my mind.  I have a husband, 4 kids, and 2 dogs, of course I'm a little loony!

Anyway, we tried to have fun in the ice.  Elizabeth & Henry found ice on the trampoline and had a blast jumping on it.  Later they went around the corner to do some ice sledding with friends.  I know they had a great time.  We received a phone call after a little while from our neighbor telling us that Henry's mouth hit another little boy's head while they were sledding & knocked out Henry's loose tooth.  He was very upset because the tooth had fallen out of his mouth & they couldn't find it.  Our Tooth Fairy is a total slacker and forgot to take his last tooth when she finally showed up to leave him his dollar.  This time she remembered to bring the money on time and take the baby tooth, so all was good.  Yea tooth fairy! 

My 4 are a little stir crazy; are tired of doing chores; and I think they are ready for some routine & seeing their friends.  I think I am too.  I did have fun spending time with the fam,  hanging out, and then letting them stay up until very late to watch Auburn win the National Championship game.  It was fun!  Just remember the number is 32.  Elizabeth kept dozing during the game and we gave her a number to remember during the game so we'd know she was awake.  LOL! 

Anywho, it's been a great 4 day weekend & now the 4 will have a 3 day school week.  For those of you up on the mountain, know we're jealous because we really wanted it to snow so we could have a snowball fight.  Oh well, maybe Winter Storm 2012 will have a little more humph to it. 

My you be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

Henry and Elizabeth on the trampoline.

Henry after he lost his tooth.  Notice his left upper lip is a little fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com