Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby it's cold outside

At the beginning of fall 2010, Hopson and I were talking about the Farmer's Almanac & how they were predicting our winter weather to be mild this year.  We always playfully argue about how much snow we will/won't get.  I think the almanac was a little off.  We have had some mild days, but we've also had a lot of very cold days.  We're in Alabama.  We don't do cold very well.  If there is a hint of the 'S' word, there is no school, bread, or milk.

After a long hot summer I'm always ready for the weather to cool down.  When it's cold outside I love to eat soup.  I don't know what it is about it, but it just makes me happy.  In high school, my friend, Dennis' family owned a restaurant called Incahoots.  Mr. Deason made the best beer cheese soup I've ever eaten.  I asked him for the recipe one time, and he told me that it started out with some chicken lips.  Needless to say he didn't give me the recipe.

Last year I was craving beer cheese soup & now with the miracle of the internet I found a recipe that is pretty close!  Oh happiness is mine.  I'm thinking I may make some this weekend.  YUM!  The recipe makes a lot, so if your family is like mine & doesn't really care for soup :( then you may need to reduce it.
We still have a few more months of winter & then as usual we will skip spring and go directly to summer.  But, right now, I'm going to enjoy the cold weather, my roaring fires & a bowl full of yummy creamy soup.

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

1 comment:

  1. Ashley - You might want to try this one ... perhaps WEdnesday, especially if we get more snow!

    http://necessarypleasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/gambling-on-mexican-chicken-soup-with.html

    ReplyDelete

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com