Monday, September 20, 2010

Stepping out of my comfort zone

I decided to challenge myself, because stepping out of my comfort zone is good, right?  I am actually cooking stuff out of some of my recipe books.  So, I've gone from just reading to cooking from them.  One condition, no weird ingredients.  I wanted the recipes to be something I could add into the rotation of what I cook for the fam. & something 'the picky one' would even eat.  Is anyone else tired of what they cook for dinner & need some new ideas besides me?

Tomorrow I'm going to post 4 entrees and 1 dip.  Of course I changed them up a little & didn't really measure anything, but they turned out great.  There's one recipe that the kids thought was ok, but Hopson & I liked it.  (I'll let you know which one it is.)  I'm serving a new recipe tonight & one tomorrow for dinner, so I'll let you know how that goes.  I think the weirdest ingredient I bought that I usually don't keep on hand is heavy whipping cream. 

Watch for tomorrow's post...it will have the recipes & what the children thought of tonight's meal. 

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com