Tuesday, September 7, 2010

lazy cookin'

Ok, I admit it...I'm a lazy cook.  If there's a way to cheat & make a recipe easier, I'm going to try it.  Sometimes I just don't feel like chopping up onions & garlic, so I'll use the (add gasp here) frozen onions & minced garlic in a jar.  I know it will make what I cook taste differently, but it seems every time I take the time to chop, mince, crush fresh herbs, my family turns their noses up at what I cook.  Go figure.  I dump a bunch of 'stuff' in a pan and they love it.

I've taken a recent recipe from The Pioneer Woman & changed it, of course to make it easier, and cooked it in the crock pot.  Love some crock pot cooking! 

This was so easy & is so tasty, my kitchen smells wonderful. 

Click on the link below to go to the recipe.
http://wegottaeat.com/ashnance/recipes/beef-tips-beer

Thanks KP for turning me onto The Pioneer Woman, she actually has pictures as she cooks stuff, and simple directions, so it's really idiot proof.  If you haven't checked out her site it's  http://thepioneerwoman.com/.  She also has really cool giveaways.  Oh to one day be able to do that, maybe since I'm unemployed now I'll look into it...it can't hurt!  Who likes free stuff, um, that would be me! 

Let me know what you think of the beef tips & me trying to do a free giveaway.  Maybe if you leave a comment or become a follower, I'll give y'all stuff first!  :)

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

1 comment:

  1. ashley, what a blessing you are...I struggle if I have not planned to feed my family, for the day, but love it when I am ON IT! I dreamed you had us all over to your house to teach us how to cook and we made recipes together, but it was a huge effort, more like we were in a restaurant...heehee

    ReplyDelete

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com