Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Peppa Chicken

Here is a recipe I posted a few weeks ago.  I never did put the name of it.  It's Peppa Chicken and my kids loved it, even Harry, my picky one.  If you can't find the McCormic's 'It's a Dilly' seasoning, you can use dill weed, lemon peel (from the spice section) and salt.

I love to read recipe books, the key phrase being read.  The food always looks so good & I know tastes great.  One minor problem...I don't keep duck pate in my fridge.  I hate going to the store to buy random ingredients for a recipe that I know I'll never use again.  I keep my kitchen stocked with everyday stuff & am somewhat lazy in the fact I don't like going grocery shopping everyday.  ;)  You may find it hard to believe, but I actually had the pick-a-pepper sauce (I think my mom bought it.  That means the stuff is way old, she's been dead since 1997.) and the It's a Dilly seasoning in my spice cabinet. 

I have the pleasure to have some amazing cooks in my family.  I learned first from my mom & MeMaw.  If you have any recipe that you love from your parents, get them to show you how they cook it & write it down!  There are so many recipes I wish I had, but didn't have the foresight at 25 to think about documenting them.  Other cooks in my family that are great are:  Sandy, sister-in-law; Peggy, mother-in-law; Amy, sister.

I hope you enjoy the Peppa Chicken & going to the grocery to pick up random ingredients like pick-a-peppa (which is good over a block of cream cheese & served with crackers) and the It's a Dilly seasoning.

Be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley 

Peppa Chicken
‎1-2 pounds chicken

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 to 1 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup pick-a-pepper sauce
Kosher salt
It's a Dilly seasoning
Garlic salt

Mix all ingredients except chicken
Coat bottom of crock pot with mixture
Place chicken on top
Coat with the rest of mixture
Cook on low for 4-5 hours
Serve with noodles (the sauce is good on top of the noodles)

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, your recipe sounds so good! You are so right about documenting family recipes. For years, I've tried to replicate my great-grandmother's creamy rice (I think the secret may be brown butter). I treasure the recipe cards my grandmother gave me with her favorite recipes when I was a newlywed. I think it is really important to write in your cookbooks too! Not only does it help the next time you make something, your kids will know exactly how YOU do it. I think I'll be making your "Peppa Chicken" tonight! - Kim Alexander

    ReplyDelete

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com