Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Colds & Cooking

I almost never get sick.  There's official memo in the mommy handbook that says Mommy's don't get sick, we have too much to do and not enough time to get it completed.  When I'm sick I can't get much done at all.  The heat has not helped my cold at all, as a matter of fact, it's helped it to drop into my chest...I sound like I've been smoking my whole life.  Yuck.  The older I get the more I have found I'm like my MeMaw.  I don't like to take medicines.  Advil is my cure-all.  My MeMaw only took aspirin & milk of magnesia.  (she lived to be 93, so she may have been onto something...) 
When I'm trying to keep from hacking a lung up I don't like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.  The heat make my coughing worse & don't think any of the fam likes me coughing in their dinner.  I wonder what the temperature is to kill for germs. I'll have to look that up in a bit. 

I made this CBT casserole a few weeks ago.  I was craving a BLT, but I had some chicken I needed to cook, so I decided to combine the two together.  The fam loved it and inhaled it.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I wish I had thought to serve it with a wedge of lettuce.  I may have to make this in the very near future.  It will be easy since I won't have to stay in the kitchen while it's cooking. 

Well, I'm going to get some water to sooth my throat, I've been coughing a bit while I'm typing this and my throat is a little scratchy.  Stay well & bon a petit!

Be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com